Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holidays with the Horses

This morning I went to the Purple Haze Center located on the grounds of the Finger Lakes Race Track. The center is the home of The Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program. The goal is to provide new homes and careers for retired racehorses.









I love their motto: Giving horses a second chance to be winners.












This beautiful lady is Pure Shanneya. Isn't she gorgeous? She's an off track thoroughbred looking for a new home. I wish she could come home with me!














The thoroughbreds here have a lovely stable...but I'm sure they'd like a home of their own.







I enjoyed visiting the retired racehorses at the Purple Haze Center. If you have a little extra money to donate this year, I hope you'd consider giving to The Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program...or another charity that helps these wonderful athletes who are no longer able to compete on the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment