Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cabot Celebrates Easter in Arkansas

It’s been pretty rainy here in Arkansas but I managed to get in some Easter sunshine by checking out the egg collection on the mantle!










This picture has a Polish Palm in it that my hostess got from the Polish Arts Center in MI. They do not have palm trees in Poland, obviously, so certain areas make their own by bundling together brightly colored and elaborate dried flowers, wheat and grasses!





Here I am with a bowl of Pisanki. Pisanki are Polish Easter eggs. Aren't they beautiful?















My friend, Mad, and I colored our own Easter eggs.












I think we did a great job!











This was our Easter morning meal – I love the Easter butter lamb. Isn't he cute? The baranek wielkanocny is a traditional addition to the Polish Easter table. Amelia tells me you can find them everywhere in Western NY...but here in Arkansas my hostess had to make her own using a mold!

I really enjoyed my first Easter. I'm so thankful I got to share it with my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment