Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cayuga Lake Wine and Herb Fest 2011

Today I went to the Finger Lakes region of New York for the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail's Wine & Herb Fest.












At each of the 16 wineries along the trail you get an herb or veggie plant along with some food made with that plant, the recipe, and some wine!











We had Peachy White Lavender Trifle here. Oh-we got a white lavender plant...not a peach tree.











What a gorgeous view.


























I had a special treat for Melody, the Scottish Highland Cow, but she stayed in her barn at Buttonwood Grove Winery.










Another gorgeous view from the other side of the lake.



My new friend, Chip, gave me the lowdown on his winery, Long Point.










This was my 15th winery of the day. Am I a little blurry?









Look at the wonderful herbs and veggies I got today! There's cilantro, sage, rosemary, lemon thyme, basil, Thai basil, onions, fernleaf dill, tomatoes, peppers, oregano, sage, rosemary, savory, and white lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment