Thursday, August 19, 2010

America's Grape Country Wine Festival

Last weekend I traveled to the Chautauqua County Fairgrounds in Dunkirk, NY for America's Grape Country Wine Festival. What a wonderful event!


The sounds of the Boneshakers Blues Band welcomed me to the event.








 Look at all of these wonderful sauces. Burning Asphalt Sauces include hot sauces, BBQ sauces, ketchups, mustards, marinades, rubs, and more. I loved the Burning Asphalt Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce!

The Brick Village Gourmet is a chef run company that makes delicious dressings, jams, salsas, seasonings, and more. Here I am with the Chef himself and his helpful assistant.

In addition to sampling these wonderful foods, they also had food vendors. Wow! Now these are some curly fries!!!  I actually got to see them cut the fresh potatoes. Delicious!
They had so many different vendors here. There were grape seed oil lotions from Van Buren Bay Cosmetics, photography vendors-there was even a cigar company! I got to watch this man roll cigars for the Santiago Cigar Factory. I thought that was pretty neat.

Of course, the primary reason for the festival is the wine. So many wonderful wineries were in attendance-from all over New York! Here I am with Craig who shared great information as well as the wonderful wines from the Thousand Islands Winery.


I also attended 3 wine seminars: Wine and Cheese from the Empire State (that's New York, of course), Heirloom Grape Varieties of New York, and Sensory Perception, where I learned about how my senses interplay with wines. I learned so much...and had lots more great wine.






Now that's a big spit bucket!












They're all good!












I had a wonderful day. I discovered new wines, even new grapes, had great food, and made new friends. Who could ask for anything more?


Got wine?

1 comment:

  1. Amelia...you sweety. Now I know who to go on a wine tasting with...(with whom)!

    ReplyDelete